auto deleting defined rows

  1. #1
    LoriM
    Guest

    auto deleting defined rows

    Hello all. I am working with a 20,000 row data spreadsheet. I have a list of
    the rows that need to be deleted (i.e., 31, 38, 52, 66, 81, etc.). There is
    no pattern to these rows, just bad data rows that need to be removed (2,000
    in all).

    Is there a way to automatically define which rows to delete? At the moment,
    I am manually going through the list and selecting/deleting. I am pretty
    green at programming so detailed answers are very much appreciated!

    Thank you all for any suggestions.

    LoriM

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: auto deleting defined rows

    Difficult when there is no pattern

    You can Filter, Loop or use Find to delete the rows but you must know the criteria
    Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/delete.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: auto deleting defined rows

    can you create a column and just place an x in the rows that are bad
    then sort by the column then all the rows to delete are together.

    Before you start you may need to create another column with 1 through 20000
    so you can return to your original order after deleting.

  4. #4
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2003
    When I've had to do things like this in the past I've found the filter command quite useful.

    If a number of the rows have the same "badness", filter on that and then delete.

    It may not solve you whole problem though.

  5. #5
    LoriM
    Guest

    RE: auto deleting defined rows

    Thanks so much for all of your help. I ended up going through and placing an
    X and then sorting/deleting.

    Since this comes up very often for me, I was hoping there was a "quick fix"
    but this solution works for me. Thanks!