Problem with linked Excel table in a word Document

  1. #1
    jcarlos
    Guest

    Problem with linked Excel table in a word Document

    I have pasted an Excel table into a word document as a linked object.

    When the excel table is changed at its source (i.e. inserting or deleting a
    column) and then updated in the word document, some of the columns get cut
    off.

    Why is this happening? Is there a way to create the linked table from Excel
    so that columns are not cut off if information in columns are added or
    deleted?
    --
    jc

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Problem with linked Excel table in a word Document

    I *believe* that Word & Powerpoint simply store the address of the range you
    pasted in. Then, after you change the spreadsheet, the original address
    stored in Word no longer refers to the table you want presented. What you
    see in Word is the current contents of the original address range.

    In other words, I don't think you can accomplish what you want.