Excel 2003 doesn't filter correctly

  1. #1
    tclarke012
    Guest

    Excel 2003 doesn't filter correctly

    All of a sudden I can't filter a colum correctly. I use filtering to find
    records that have been "started", "done", "cancelled", "paid", etc. I have
    made sure that the colum is formated for text. When I use the filter I get
    other unwanted records in addition to my filter request. This seems to only
    be happening on a summary sheet in 1 workbook. The other sheets seem to
    filter just fine. I have had no problem for the last 6 months using filters
    with this workbook until recently. Does anybody else have this situation?

  2. #2

    Re: Excel 2003 doesn't filter correctly

    Do those extra things show up at the bottom of good stuff?

    If yes, look at the row numbers for those cells. If they're grey, then those
    rows were not a part of the filtered range. If they're blue, then this isn't
    the problem.

    I don't let excel guess my range to filter (or sort or chart or ...). I select
    my cells explicitly and then do Data|filter...

  3. #3
    Tom
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2003 doesn't filter correctly

    filters don't work if you have a blank row in between
    have you checked that too?

    ~tom

    news:[email protected]...