How do I merge 3 lines of text to show in one row?

  1. #1
    pita29
    Guest

    How do I merge 3 lines of text to show in one row?

    I am doing a family history excel document. One row should have approx. 3
    lines of info, however, I can only get one row of info to show. When I
    dclick that row the info shows but when I print or do a print preview only
    one line of info shows. I have merged the cells in that row.

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: How do I merge 3 lines of text to show in one row?

    It sounds like you need to select Wrap Text from the Alignment tab of the
    Format Cells dialog and/or increase the height of the row to accommodate the
    numbers of rows of text in the cell.

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: How do I merge 3 lines of text to show in one row?

    Try (as follows): and enter into a cell:
    This is line 1 << Do not press Enter key - instead hold-down the Alt key
    while pressing the Enter key
    This is Line 2 << Same as above
    This is Line 3 << Same or press only Enter key when complete
    HTH

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: How do I merge 3 lines of text to show in one row?

    Merged cells don't play nice with autofitting rows.

    Instead of doubleclicking on the row separator line, actually drag it to
    increase the rowheight.