Cutting Nonadjacent Rows

  1. #1
    RJ
    Guest

    Cutting Nonadjacent Rows

    Excel 2003

    I have a spreadsheet that I need to move rows in.
    Just a simple spreadsheet with several rows of data. No formulas
    or anything else.
    When I select say, row 1 and row 5 in the spreadsheet,
    then click Edit, Cut, Excel pops up a window saying I cannot do this.

    "The command you chose cannot be perfomed with multiple
    selections. Select a single range, and click the command again"

    Yet when I go to Excel Help to find out out to move rows, that is
    exactly what it tell me to do:

    "Nonadjacent rows or columns:
    1. Select the first row or column, and then hold down CTRL and select the other rows or columns.
    2. Click Cut
    3. Select a row or column below or to the right of where you want to move your selection.
    4. On the Insert menu, click Cut Cells. "

    What am I doing wrong? Why won't Excel let me cut
    nonadjacent rows?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Cutting Nonadjacent Rows

    Hi RJ

    You can manual copy whole rows but not Cut

    You can use macro to do it

    Select for example A3,A5,A10 and it will copy the rows to Sheet2 and delete the rows after that

    Sub test()
    With Selection
    .EntireRow.Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")
    .EntireRow.Delete
    End With

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    RJ
    Guest

    Re: Cutting Nonadjacent Rows

    Thanks, but all I want to do is move several nonadjacent
    rows around in the same sheet. I find it hard to believe you
    cannot do this. It seems like a common task. Not to mention
    Excel help tells you how to do it.

    I am still confused.

    news:[email protected]...