What will cause column headings to change from letter to number?

  1. #1
    Bob in Buffalo
    Guest

    What will cause column headings to change from letter to number?

    What will cause column headings to change from letters to numbers in excel
    2000?

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: What will cause column headings to change from letter to number?

    Most likely, in the course of clicking through various and sundry menus
    you inadvertently selected "R1C1" reference style. If you'll click

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: What will cause column headings to change from letter to number?

    We don't know. It is reported far too often to be just an incident. Most
    people don't even know there is a choice!
    But it's easy to correct:

    Tools>Options>General, Uncheck "R1C1 reference style"

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: What will cause column headings to change from letter to number?

    I accidentally encountered this very phenomenon- I received a sprdsht
    from someone who had defined a named range as HR1. This resembles a
    cell reference: is Excel toggling to R1C1 reference when such a named
    range exists? If so that could be Bob in Buffalo's answer.