XL2000 "Custon Views" "Column width" Problem

  1. #1
    Des
    Guest

    XL2000 "Custon Views" "Column width" Problem

    Although the help file states that custom views will change column
    widths, it does not. I have seen a few postings stating the same
    problem but no solutions.
    Does anyone know if there is a fix for this?
    If not, is it possible to use Autofit just for a range in a column -
    not for the whole column?
    Des

    --
    Des
    Des's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=690

  2. #2

    Re: XL2000 "Custon Views" "Column width" Problem

    Instead of using custom views, could you just record some macros that set the
    columnwidths the way you like them?

    Then instead of view|custom view, you'd run the macro that showed your data the
    way you want.

    You could use a macro to copy a range to a new worksheet, autofit that column
    and then use column width for the real column. (Then delete that temporary
    worksheet.)

    Another (ugly) way is to select the cells that you don't want to use to autofit
    the columnwidth.

    Format those cells with a custom format of ;;; (3 semicolons)
    autofit the column
    and reapply the format you had before -- easy if all the cells were one format
    (like General).

    (I told you it was ugly.)