How do I compare data from 2 worksheets to find duplicate entries

  1. #1
    Jack
    Guest

    How do I compare data from 2 worksheets to find duplicate entries

    I am a novice Excel user. I have to worksheets that have data, some of it is
    similar (ie. Item #'s, etc.) I want to automatically compare the reports and
    highlight data on one worksheet that is identicle to the data on the other
    worksheet. If I can't do this, I'm going to have to manually compare the
    data.

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: How do I compare data from 2 worksheets to find duplicate entries

    Jack,

    A coded solution is probably the way to go for your challenge. You can
    iterate through each item on the first sheet and check to see if it exists in
    the second sheet before copying it to a new (report), third sheet.

    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  3. #3

    Re: How do I compare data from 2 worksheets to find duplicate entries

    If those item numbers are unique, maybe you could use =vlookup() or
    =index(match()) to retrieve values from the second worksheet and put it near the
    values in the first worksheet.

    You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site:
    and