How can I show all field data in a pivot table, instead of blank

  1. #1
    Alastair Scott
    Guest

    How can I show all field data in a pivot table, instead of blank

    I want to perform lookups ona pivot table without using the gETPIVOTDATA
    function. Is it possible to show a decsription against each line of the pivot
    table, instead of blank spaces? e.g.

    Field 1 Field 2 Data 1
    Field 1 Field 2 Data 2
    Field 1 Field 2 Data 3
    Field 1 Field 2 Data 4

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How can I show all field data in a pivot table, instead of blank

    The row headings show once in a Pivot Table, and there's no setting you
    can change, to force them to repeat. You could create a copy of the
    pivot table, and fill the blanks, to do the lookup. Perhaps you could
    use INDEX/MATCH formulas to work with the data in the pivot table, but
    would have problems if the layout changed.

    Why don't you want to use GetPivotData?

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Alastair Scott
    Guest

    Re: How can I show all field data in a pivot table, instead of bla

    Thanks for the info.

    Don't want to use GETPIVOTDATA as I'm unfamiliar with it (despite computing
    degree). Suppose I'll need to sometime...

  4. #4
    Zoya
    Guest

    Re: How can I show all field data in a pivot table, instead of bla

    Scott,

    I use ISBLANK function to check if the cell is emply and IF function to
    point to the different cell.

    If you create your LookUps in column F you need to point F1 to the cell
    where your Field1 is (for exp =A3), then in F2 you can enter this formula
    =If(ISBLANK(A4),F1,A4)

    Hope it helps.