Making Cell Entry Mandatory

  1. #1
    Sue T
    Guest

    Making Cell Entry Mandatory

    Hello:
    I am using Excel 2003 and would like to make cell entry mandatory in the
    first 3 columns of my spreadsheet (exp. Column A, B & C). The following
    columns mean nothing unless information is put in the first 3 columns. Is
    there a way to set up these columns so that nothing else can be entered until
    there is something put in the first 3 columns. Thank You for your help!

  2. #2
    StinkeyPete
    Guest

    RE: Making Cell Entry Mandatory

    This can be done in a VB event function.

  3. #3
    Sue T
    Guest

    RE: Making Cell Entry Mandatory

    Great, Do you know what that would be. Not to efficient in VB. Thank You

  4. #4
    StinkeyPete
    Guest

    RE: Making Cell Entry Mandatory

    I would need more info about your columns in your spreadsheet to give you the
    correct code. How many columns are dependant on the 3 required fields?

  5. #5
    Sue T
    Guest

    RE: Making Cell Entry Mandatory