Breaking Links in Excel 2000

  1. #1
    Nevio
    Guest

    Breaking Links in Excel 2000

    How do I break a Link in Excel 2000; I can see how to do it in Excel 2003,
    but I am using 2000; can anyone help.

  2. #2
    Mark Hone
    Guest

    RE: Breaking Links in Excel 2000

    Hi Nevio,

    Try the following:
    - Ctrl F to find - look for .xls and .csv and manually amend any formulae
    that contain references to other sources. Also search for any other file
    extensions of files to which you may be linked. If you have a bunch of
    linked cells together, select them all, copy and paste as values to remove
    the links.

    - If you have range names set up, select Insert, Name, Define from the menu
    and amend or delete any names that relate to other workbooks.

    - If you have charts (and still have links), you will need to check the data
    source for each one to see if the chart references another workbook.

    Alternatively, if all that seems like hard work, create your own utility to
    do it for you:
    http://www.microsoft.com/europe/vba/...nloads/159.htm

    Hope this helps,

    Mark

  3. #3
    Nevio
    Guest

    RE: Breaking Links in Excel 2000

    Many thanks Mark, your suggetion resolved the problem.

    Nevio