locking data/cells so re-sorting a column doesn't re-position my d

  1. #1
    mtn_leisure
    Guest

    locking data/cells so re-sorting a column doesn't re-position my d

    I need to re-sort a column, but I want all the row's data associated with
    that row to stay with the SORT results.
    --
    mtn_leisure

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by mtn_leisure
    I need to re-sort a column, but I want all the row's data associated with
    that row to stay with the SORT results.
    --
    mtn_leisure
    Try selecting the data in the other columns aswell and then sort the data should then stay together

    Paul

  3. #3
    mtn_leisure
    Guest

    Re: locking data/cells so re-sorting a column doesn't re-position

    Yeah, but if I select all cells how will I tell it which column to SORT by?
    --
    mtn_leisure

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Once you've selected all the data, click Data > Sort and then sort by whichever column, checking the box as required or not for a header row

    Paul