How can I use day of year dates in Excel?

  1. #1
    jbradford721
    Guest

    How can I use day of year dates in Excel?

    I have data in Excel that has one column with the year (eg. 2005) and another
    column with day of year (eg. 365 for Dec. 31). I would like to convert this
    to a date format that Excel can use for calculations, graphing, etc.

  2. #2
    StinkeyPete
    Guest

    RE: How can I use day of year dates in Excel?

    See if this works for you:

    A1 = Year
    B1 = Day

    =DATE(A1,1,B1)

  3. #3
    jbradford721
    Guest

    RE: How can I use day of year dates in Excel?

    StinkeyPete;
    Thanks much! This seems to be working.
    jbradford721