Excel will not show all text entered in a Cell merged from 9 rows

  1. #1
    Pat
    Guest

    Excel will not show all text entered in a Cell merged from 9 rows

    I have tried to autofit and format cell, but nothing works. I have to
    manually drag the cell border to make it longer.

  2. #2
    Paul Black
    Guest

    Re: Excel will not show all text entered in a Cell merged from 9 rows

    Hi Pat,

    Have you Also Tried Wrap Text.

    All the Best.
    Paul

  3. #3
    Pat
    Guest

    Re: Excel will not show all text entered in a Cell merged from 9 r

    Yes, that was the first thing.

  4. #4

    Re: Excel will not show all text entered in a Cell merged from 9 rows

    Autofitting rowheight and merged cells don't play nice.

    Jim Rech wrote a macro called AutoFitMergedCellRowHeight that you may like:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

  5. #5
    Pat
    Guest

    Re: Excel will not show all text entered in a Cell merged from 9 r

    Thanks. I will try it.

  6. #6
    Pat
    Guest

    Re: Excel will not show all text entered in a Cell merged from 9 r

    I ran your macro and it doesn't do anything. Should I be blocking something
    out?

  7. #7

    Re: Excel will not show all text entered in a Cell merged from 9 r

    This portion of Jim's code does some checking:

    If ActiveCell.MergeCells Then
    With ActiveCell.MergeArea
    If .Rows.Count = 1 And .WrapText = True Then

    Is your activecell part of a merged area?
    Is that mergearea a single row?
    Do you have wraptext turned on?