Including double-quotes in strings

  1. #1
    Hall
    Guest

    Including double-quotes in strings

    I want to use the substitute function to replace commas "," with
    double-quotes.

    Is there a way to specify double quotes in strings?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Including double-quotes in strings

    Hi!

    =SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","""")

    Will replace all commas with "

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Including double-quotes in strings

    yeah. how about this.

    keep your data in a database
    and then when you need 2 different versions of the SAME DATA-- one with
    commas and one with quotes; you dont need to copy and paste or anything
    ridiculous-- you can have queries that do this for you.

    it's a much more efficient way to work.

    imagine-- instead of having the same data; copied in 2 places and
    sorted in 2 different ways-- you can have 1 copy of the data and sort
    it however you want using standard SQL syntax