which better: Frequency vs Histogram

  1. #1
    Melissa
    Guest

    which better: Frequency vs Histogram

    I read "Explore Histograms" in
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...109481033.aspx and found it
    educational. However, I can't see a difference in output between using a
    Histogram and using the Frequency function.

    Can anybody share the pros and cons of each?

  2. #2
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: which better: Frequency vs Histogram

    I think you have missed the point. The article says that the table
    produced by the ATP histogram tool is exactly the same as the table
    (with same bin definitions) produced by the FREQUENCY function. The
    difference is not in the values calculated, but in the fact that the
    histogram table is a static table that will not update if you
    subsequently change the data, whereas the FREQUENCY function gives a
    live formula that would update.

    Jerry

  3. #3
    Melissa
    Guest

    Re: which better: Frequency vs Histogram

    oooh.... now I get it! Thanks!

  4. #4
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    Re: which better: Frequency vs Histogram

    You're welcome, glad it helped.

    Jerry