Excel 2003: Temporarily "turning off" links to external files...

  1. #1
    Birmangirl
    Guest

    Excel 2003: Temporarily "turning off" links to external files...

    ....I have a spreadsheet with links to several external files. When I open it,
    I am prompted to open/update the links to the external files. Is it possible
    to temporarily disable or swtich this prompt off, as sometimes I just need to
    reference my destination file quickly with updating.

    Thanks in advance
    Amanda

  2. #2

    Re: Excel 2003: Temporarily "turning off" links to external files...

    Just answer No to the prompt???

    But if you see Ref errors (and don't want to see them)...

    xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
    versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
    prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

    Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...TNGP11.phx.gbl