multiplying an enitre column.

  1. #1
    Robert
    Guest

    multiplying an enitre column.

    In excel I have four columns all containing 500 cells. These cells represent
    wholsale pricing. I want to muliply each column by 2 so they represent
    retail pricing.

    Robert

  2. #2
    Jim May
    Guest

    RE: multiplying an enitre column.

    Back u or save your data FIRST!
    then in an empty cell outside your 4X500 matrix
    enter the number 2.
    Copy this same cell (containging the Value 2).
    Highlight the full range A1:D500,
    then click on the Menu - Edit, Paste-Special,
    Click the Multiply button, then OK

    erase the cell containing the 2.
    HTH

  3. #3