text typing

  1. #1
    lammy122
    Guest

    text typing

    Many words on the worksheet column are repetitive. I know there is a way that
    as you begin to type the first couple of letters from a previous word in a
    new cell it is recognized and automaticly fills in the cell. How do you
    activate this ?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: text typing

    lammy122, tools, options, edit, enable auto complete of cells valves

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: text typing

    The original poster indicated in another newsgroup by starting a new thread
    there that the posted answer did not work.

    Please verify that the option is still checked, you must press [OK]
    for the change to take effect.
    ---
    HTH,

    "Paul B" <[email protected]> wrote ...

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: text typing

    It appears that "was checked" (in the other newsgroup) is ambiguous
    meaning "already checked" or "was checked" as a result of changing
    it to that.

    If it is in fact checked are there other things going on like Data Validation,
    or Worksheet Events, I don't know of anything that would compromise
    the setting but just trying to reduce the time to get a useable answer and
    verification of a solution.