How can I assign a symbol to a button (like the $ button)

  1. #1
    NickW
    Guest

    How can I assign a symbol to a button (like the $ button)

    I'm trying to get a button with the UK pound sign on it (lira). But all I can
    get is the US dollar or the Euro.
    Using excel 2003

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: How can I assign a symbol to a button (like the $ button)

    If you're referring to a keyboard button, then you need a UK keyboard with
    Windows configured to expect it, then Shift 3 will produce the symbol..

    If you don't have a UK keyboard, you can get the pound sign by holding down
    Alt and pressing 1 5 6 on the numeric keypad.

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    NickW
    Guest

    Re: How can I assign a symbol to a button (like the $ button)

    I've found another (easier) way.
    Go to insert symbol and find the Lira sign (or any symbol you want).
    Select the symbol and at the bottom of the screen there's a button to allow
    you to assign a key stroke to that symbol. I assinged CTRL-4 (4 is the $
    button). Now whenever I need it all I hahve to do is a CTRL-4!!

    Thanks for the feedback though!

    Nick