SEARCH AND REPLACE

  1. #1
    Michael
    Guest

    SEARCH AND REPLACE

    Historically, when I select cells and do a "replace all" (via Ctrl+H) Excel
    reports the number of replacements it is making (same as with Word). I have
    just started at a new location-office. Excel does not report this. It
    replaces without asking for confirmation. I cannot find settin or info that
    will cause it to report as discribed above.

    Help, please (solution, info, etc).

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: SEARCH AND REPLACE

    Hi Michael,
    When you use Ctrl+H to make replacements and fill in the
    from and to fields. Do you see buttons on the right for
    Find next, Close, Replace, Replace All
    sounds like you want to use the Find next, then the Replace for
    each occurrence.

    Also be aware of the the box at the bottom to "Find Entire cells only"
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    Re: SEARCH AND REPLACE

    Thanks for response but, no, I want Replace All without "Find Entire cells
    only" checked. It should make the replacement, for cells selected, but
    should notify how many replacements are made (same behavior as Word). Right
    now, it IS replacing within the selection but it does not report (alert box)
    changes.

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: SEARCH AND REPLACE

    Hi Michael,
    I have Excel 2000 and I don't get any indication before or after.