Removing embedded macros

  1. #1
    Jim
    Guest

    Removing embedded macros

    I have a client who has a number of spreadsheets that have macros embeded by
    a third party program. The program is gone but the macros remain, and
    everytime a spreadsheet containing one is open, a series of prompts come up
    before the client can open his sheet, not the least is the "macros must be
    enabled" one and the warning about potential viruses.

    How can these macros be removed, preferably, enmass.

    Thanks in advance,

    Jim

  2. #2

    Re: Removing embedded macros

    Debra Dalgleish has some instructions on how to clean this:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros