Can I make an order form on an office application?

  1. #1
    Michelle
    Guest

    Can I make an order form on an office application?

    I am trying to create an order form in either excel or word that a customer
    would be able to fill in the blanks or use a drop-down menu to choose items.
    Has anyone done this before? Any help would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Can I make an order form on an office application?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > I am trying to create an order form in either excel or word that a customer
    > would be able to fill in the blanks or use a drop-down menu to choose items.
    > Has anyone done this before? Any help would be appreciated!

    Has anyone done this? You've got to be kidding. There are how many
    hundreds of millions of people with Office?

    As far as creating an order form, it would all depend on what your
    intent is. If this is real time order placement into a database then
    neither XL nor Word will be the correct choice. You should build a web
    page (or pages) that the client can use.

    If this is for offline use, is the intent to simply fill out a form in
    a program, print it, and fax/mail it? If so, how will you keep up to
    date the choices the client has in the software?

    Or is the intent to submit it via some kind of an online mechanism such
    as email? If so, remember that email is completely unsecure and only
    an idiot would provide any sensitive information, such as credit card
    information (unfortunately, as I've discovered on any number of
    occasions there is no shortage of idiots {grin}).

    Or is the intent something else altogether?

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

  3. #3
    PC
    Guest

    Re: Can I make an order form on an office application?

    As Tushar has indicated there are a number of issues associated with using
    MS office applications for order processing. In my opinion, a relatively
    simple web application can most likely deliver superior results at a lower
    cost. However if you choose to go that route you may wish to peruse these
    threads for some ideas.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...3e23e2bca0e16c

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...3e23e2bca0e16c

    HTH