excel deleting rows last cell does not change. How to change?

  1. #1
    mrubey
    Guest

    excel deleting rows last cell does not change. How to change?

    I Delete rows in excell and save the file. I bring the file back up but the
    last cell is still where it was (several rows below the last row with data).
    I do I get excel to change the last cell value?

    -Mark

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: excel deleting rows last cell does not change. How to change?

    Sounds like you're deleting cell contents instead of deleting entire rows.
    See:
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: excel deleting rows last cell does not change. How to change?

    more likely missing the last step described on your webpage -- saving the file.

  4. #4
    mrubey
    Guest

    Re: excel deleting rows last cell does not change. How to change?

    Dave,

    Thanks. The solution was to turn off the auto filter and freeze pane, save
    the file, close the file, then open the file again and reset the auto filter
    and freeze pane.

    -Mark