text diagonal

  1. #1
    Sunantoro
    Guest

    text diagonal

    Occasionally I need to put big color text, something like: "PAID" or
    "CONFIDENTIAL" or "CANCELLED" diagonally on certain spreadsheetS.
    How can I put it diagonally rather than only horizontally or vertically.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    You can tilt the text within a cell, (Format Cell, Alignment, tilt) but in the case you are asking I think you would be meaning a Watermark, for which you could start at

    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...*&rnum=1&hl=en

    a posting courtesy of Ron de Bruin on Oct 12 2004

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunantoro

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Central UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

    Wordart?

    I used to use wordart (from the drawing toolbar) to do this sort of thing.

    You can resize it, colour it, change the outline etc. to suit your needs.

  4. #4
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: text diagonal

    hi,
    format>cells>allignment tab>orientatins box
    adjust the spin button up to 45 degrees.

    Regards
    FSt1

  5. #5
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: text diagonal

    One way
    Right click on a blank area of your Toolbar, and select the WordArt toolbar.
    Click on the large "A" at the left of the bar and select the type you
    prefer, (the first one is quite suitable)a nd press enter.
    Type in PAID, set Font size to whatever size you want and OK.
    Drag to the desired position and use the Rotate handle to to the desired
    angle.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Sunantoro
    Guest

    RE: text diagonal

    To my surprise that most of my questions have been questioned and answered in
    various other discussions. The Nice thing is that there are always people who
    are willing to direct me to those discussion sites. Thanks gentlemen!
    SUNAN