Unlinking from another Excel Workbook

  1. #1

    Question Unlinking from another Excel Workbook

    I have a problem with documents that I have created, then copied to be used on another computer and then put back into my computer. When I make a copy, it ends up linking that to another file...half the time it is one that was on a floppy disk. I don't want this link between worksheets, but it prompts me every time I open the file if I want to update info. I always say no. Is there any way to remove this link, and, in the future, prevent this from happening? If I go into the "links" under edit, it does not give me an option to remove this link, only update or change it. How can I make this link go away? Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by svarnell64; 08-25-2005 at 12:31 PM.

  2. #2

    Re: Unlinking from another Excel Workbook

    When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

    And I think I'd look for links in that original workbook, too.

  3. #3

    Red face

    I'm not trying to identify the link...I want to know how to delete it. It tells me what the link is (the document that is attached to it) but I don't know how to get rid of it or to keep it from occuring in the future. Thanks for your help.

  4. #4

    Re: Unlinking from another Excel Workbook

    You sure there wasn't an option to convert that link to values?

    And if you find that link (and convert it to a value) in the original workbook,
    then the workbooks based on that original should be ok.