TEXT TO COLUMNS PROTECTED SHEET

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Jeracho
    Guest

    TEXT TO COLUMNS PROTECTED SHEET

    I want to protect a worksheet, some cell locked some not. I know how to do
    that but when the sheet is protected “Text to Columns” is disabled. I need to
    use “Text to Columns” in the unlocked cells. Is there a way to do this?

  2. #2

    Re: TEXT TO COLUMNS PROTECTED SHEET

    I'm guessing that excel disables that feature, since it won't know how many
    cells need to be unlocked for your data|text to columns to work correctly.

    But if you're always doing the same data|text to columns, maybe you could record
    a macro when you do it once.

    Then edit that macro so that it unprotects the worksheet, does the text to
    columns, then reprotects the worksheet.