How do I protect a macro to prevent change ?

  1. #1
    Keisamcasco
    Guest

    How do I protect a macro to prevent change ?

    I have protection turned on for both the worksheets and the workbook. Even
    so, the user can open Visual Basic Editor and change the macros. How to I
    protect the macros from being changed ?

  2. #2
    OZDOC1050
    Guest

    Re: How do I protect a macro to prevent change ?

    In Visual Basic go to tools > vga project properties > protection
    and you will see a section for pass words

    Try to keep the same pass for all of your work to make things easy if you
    need to get back in.

    cheers
    Pete

    --
    (][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][)
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Keisamcasco
    Guest

    Re: How do I protect a macro to prevent change ?

    I did it and it worked. MUCH THANKS !!
    Nick

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do I protect a macro to prevent change ?

    Note that it takes about 30 seconds to bypass this protection, if you
    know how, or if you use relatively inexpensive commercial options.

    In article <[email protected]>,