Open Close workbooks

  1. #1
    bbc1
    Guest

    Open Close workbooks

    HI I have a workbook that user's use to input changed data each day into
    severval different worksheets, once data is entered they have to save it as
    filename(date) what I need is a macro that will close the saved workbook and
    re-open the original.
    eg saved worksheet is tallysheet28-8-05 original workbook tallysheet

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Open Close workbooks

    Hi bbc1

    Look in the VBA for SaveCopyAs
    Your origenal workbook stay open and a copy will be saved with the name you want

    Dim wb As Workbook
    Set wb = ActiveWorkbook
    wb.SaveCopyAs "C:\" & wb.Name & " " & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss") & ".xls"

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3