Painting Range - extend the range on the top part

  1. #1
    Shrikant
    Guest

    Painting Range - extend the range on the top part

    --
    Shrikant

  2. #2
    Shrikant
    Guest

    RE: Painting Range - extend the range on the top part

    continue... ( I accidently pressed 'enter')
    When I define the range by painting the cells, and when the cursor is on the
    last row of the range, i had a need to extend the range on the upper part by,
    say 2 rows. How do I move the curser to the top row without un-painting the
    selection ?
    --
    Shrikant

  3. #3
    Shrikant
    Guest

    RE: Painting Range - extend the range on the top part

    By pressing Ctrl . (dot), I am able to move my cursor to the four corners of
    the range without un-painting the range. However, this does not help in
    extending the range on the top row side.
    --
    Shrikant

  4. #4
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Painting Range - extend the range on the top part

    You have it almost all figured out. Pressing Ctrl-Period twice will make the
    bottom row active. From there, all you need do to extend the painted range
    up by 2 rows is hold the shift key down while pressing the up arrow twice.

  5. #5
    Shrikant
    Guest

    RE: Painting Range - extend the range on the top part

    Thanks Duke Carey.
    I got it.
    Earlier, I thought that I will be able to extend the range in the direction
    in which the curser is. Actually it turns out that the extension of the range
    is in the opposite direction. The logic of this solution is still not
    convincing. But I got the solution.
    --
    Shrikant