Excel should let me enter time in one hundreds of a second.

  1. #1
    mrvw
    Guest

    Excel should let me enter time in one hundreds of a second.

    I am a volunteer Track & Field coach for 13 years, and would like to use
    Excel to keep my team's satistics. But am unable to enter time as minutes,
    seconds, tenth of seconds, or hundreth of seconds. Probably because I don't
    know how to do it without converting minutes to seconds. Sure would be nice
    to be able to enter exact times and query for totals and averages. Hopefully
    the newer version of Excel/Office will have this capability, and that I can
    afford it. I would rather use Office then have to purchase a seperate
    program called "Team Manager"

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Did you try formatting the cell as follows:

    mm:ss.000

    This should give you a cell that will read 15:25.254 as in 15 minutes, 25 seconds and 254 hundreths

    Jon

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let me enter time in one hundreds of a second.

    You can do that, format as hh:mm:ss.00, and enter such as

    0:0:5.25

    This adds up correctly, you can average it and so.

    RP

    "mrvw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am a volunteer Track & Field coach for 13 years, and would like to use
    > Excel to keep my team's satistics. But am unable to enter time as

    minutes,
    > seconds, tenth of seconds, or hundreth of seconds. Probably because I

    don't
    > know how to do it without converting minutes to seconds. Sure would be

    nice
    > to be able to enter exact times and query for totals and averages.

    Hopefully
    > the newer version of Excel/Office will have this capability, and that I

    can
    > afford it. I would rather use Office then have to purchase a seperate
    > program called "Team Manager"

    this

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let me enter time in one hundreds of a second.

    That would be 254 thousandths...

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Jon Quixley <[email protected]>