Change xlstart path - using policy

  1. #1
    Craig
    Guest

    Change xlstart path - using policy

    Is there a way to change the path of the xlstart folder , so that it points
    to a network path. I know there is an alternate startup path but that is for
    XL templates. I need to point to a macro , so that the macro starts up when
    opening excel.

    Hope this makes sense.

  2. #2

    Re: Change xlstart path - using policy

    I wouldn't change this setting (even if I knew how). And I wouldn't want you to
    change it for me, either.

    Have you thought of just telling people to install an addin:
    tools|addins
    and point to that network workbook

  3. #3
    Craig
    Guest

    Re: Change xlstart path - using policy

    Hi Dave,

    So there is no way of change, the reason why i want to change it is because
    i administer quite a few desktops and i want to standardize them in regards
    to templates and therefore i ant to be able to automate the process instead
    of having to go to each machine and set it up.

    At the moment we have an xls wksheet which holds the macros and this has to
    copied to each users xlstart folder , thats why i wanted to know if there was
    any way of pointing it to a network path instead of having to do it manually
    for each user.

  4. #4

    Re: Change xlstart path - using policy

    There may be a way--but I wouldn't do it.

    You could put your addin into that alternate startup folder. It should be
    opened.