Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Freeze pane

  1. #1
    CraigMc
    Guest

    Freeze pane

    Whenever I freeze a pane in Excel, it appears that it resets once I exit the
    program. I have tried saving the spreadsheet and I have tried using save
    workspace. Meaning: I create the freeze pane and it works fine while I am in
    the existing spreadsheet. However, once I exit the spreadsheet and Excel,
    then re-open the spreadsheet, the "freeze pane" has to be re-established. How
    can this be fixed?
    --
    CMac

  2. #2
    That's just weird. I'd just redo the sheet or something. Sounds fishy to me.

  3. #3

    Re: Freeze pane

    This isn't usual behavior for just saving a workbook (I've never used that
    workspace stuff).

    Are you sure that you're saving the file and reopening the file you just saved?

    Do you have any macros that run when you open that workbook?

    If you save the workbook the way you like, then close excel and reopen it in
    safe mode:

    Close excel
    windows start button|run
    excel /safe

    file|open yourworkbook.xls

    Does it look ok?

    If it does, I'd look for a macro that turns off freeze panes.

    CraigMc wrote:

    > Whenever I freeze a pane in Excel, it appears that it resets once I exit the
    > program. I have tried saving the spreadsheet and I have tried using save
    > workspace. Meaning: I create the freeze pane and it works fine while I am in
    > the existing spreadsheet. However, once I exit the spreadsheet and Excel,
    > then re-open the spreadsheet, the "freeze pane" has to be re-established. How
    > can this be fixed?
    > --
    > CMac

Closed Thread