COUNT ACROSS SEVERAL PAGES

  1. #1
    OZDOC1050
    Guest

    COUNT ACROSS SEVERAL PAGES

    =COUNTIF(A:Z!B335:B343,B22)

    When using this to count between several sheets I return an error, but cant
    work out where I am going wrong. any help would be great

    Pete

    --
    (][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][)

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: COUNT ACROSS SEVERAL PAGES

    One way

    =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&MySheets&"'!B335:B343"),B22))

    where MySheets is a named range with a list of all worksheet names
    (insert>name>define) or you can use the range reference itself like H1:H26
    (if you use the 26 sheet names), note that each sheet name that you want
    included has to be there

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    OZDOC1050
    Guest

    Re: COUNT ACROSS SEVERAL PAGES

    Thanks Peo,
    but I cant get that to work ? im probably doing
    something wrong ?

    I will explain a little more if I can

    =SUM(A:Z!E336)

    I am building an order form and have a macro that inserts new sheets (
    between sheets a and z ) these then need to total in the sub master order
    form and the number of sheets it needs to total is a variable,

    I could use the above option to sum all of these but have multiple and
    variable second layer sub order forms which will total to a master, so in
    between a and z I may have 3 reps each with multiple order forms that relate
    to them.

    each page has in cell c7 the owner of the sub order form ( name of the sub
    master order form ) so I need the above sum to work but also reference cell
    c7 to see if it matches and if so add to the sum.

    thanks for any help you can give

    Pete
    --
    (][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][)
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    KL
    Guest

    Re: COUNT ACROSS SEVERAL PAGES

    Hi,

    Try this one:

    =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT(CHAR(ROW(INDIRECT("65:90")))&"!B335:B343"),B22))

    Regards,
    KL