How do I make a check mark?

  1. #1
    kentrks
    Guest

    How do I make a check mark?

    When I use the code for a checkmark (alt 80) in Excel, I get the letter P
    instead of the checkmark. In fact I tried several symbol shortcuts (alt +
    code) and got all letters. What am I missing?

  2. #2

    Re: How do I make a check mark?

    I use =char(252) (alt-0252)
    and a wingdings font.

    If you're using xl2002, you could find more checkmarks via Insert|symbol

    Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower).
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
    (look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version)

  3. #3
    Bruce Sinclair
    Guest

    Re: How do I make a check mark?

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] wrote:
    >I use =char(252) (alt-0252)
    >and a wingdings font.
    >
    >If you're using xl2002, you could find more checkmarks via Insert|symbol
    >
    >Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower).
    >http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
    >(look for Symbolizer and make sure you get the correct version)
    >kentrks wrote:
    >>
    >> When I use the code for a checkmark (alt 80) in Excel, I get the letter P
    >> instead of the checkmark. In fact I tried several symbol shortcuts (alt +
    >> code) and got all letters. What am I missing?

    ... and if you want to see what symbol you will get, try insert/symbol and
    pick one you like. Remember not to change the font later though

    Bruce

    (if there were any)