stop automatic increment of dates

  1. #1
    Susan C.
    Guest

    stop automatic increment of dates

    Using Excel 2003, from Office XP, SP1
    I usually want to use autofill w/o making it a series. I finally turned it
    off for most numbers, although I can't remember where the options box is
    located. However, I can't get the dates to stay put, except to show
    "autofill options" & select "copy cells."
    I really wish these autocomplete & autofill series options were "opt-in"
    rather than "search for the option in every menu, clear the box, then see if
    it does what you want it to." Or rather, doesn't do what I never wanted it
    to do in the first place.

    Quick way to autofill w/no changes?
    Thanks for your help,
    Susan

  2. #2

    Re: stop automatic increment of dates

    I like to rightclick on the autofill button and drag down. Then use the Copy
    cells option.

    But since you don't like that, you could select your range first. Type the date
    into the activecell and hit ctrl-enter to fill that range.

  3. #3
    Susan C.
    Guest

    Re: stop automatic increment of dates