multiplying a cell by a set number

  1. #1
    gunny86
    Guest

    multiplying a cell by a set number

    i want to multiply a row of boxes(my hours) by a set number (my wage), then
    have the product placed in a 3rd box. Then i want to be able to take that 3rd
    box and add it with another variable to go to another box. i basicly want to
    multiply my hours by my wage, then add my wage with my tips for a total. But
    i want to see all these numbers on the page individually. thanks in advance
    for the help.

  2. #2

    hope this helps

    Hi Gunny86,

    if you place your wage in a cell say A3 then
    enter the following in cell in B1 type the no of hours you worked then in B2 type =B1*$A$3 this will give you your total wage, you can then copy fill down the page as you go. to add you days tips to the total in A4 type the total amount of your tips then change your formula to =(b1*$A$3)+$A$4, this is a quick and dirty way to do it but it works.
    Regards,
    Jesse

  3. #3
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: multiplying a cell by a set number

    you can also name the wages by using insert name define and used that name
    for alll purposes

    news:[email protected]...