Moving selective data from one sheet to anouther

  1. #1
    handymanmd
    Guest

    Moving selective data from one sheet to anouther

    Hi, I would like to move a range of data within a row from one sheet to
    anouther sheet automatically when the data in a cell within the range
    that would be moved, is greater than zero. Is there a formula that will
    do this?

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Moving selective data from one sheet to anouther

    One non-array formulas play which "yields" the desired output ..

    Assume source table is in Sheet1, cols A to D, data from row2 down, where
    the key col is col D (the " greater than zero " criteria)

    Use an empty col to the right, say col E
    Put in E2: =IF(D2="","",IF(D2>0,ROW(),""))
    Copy E2 down to say, E100 to cover the max expected data range in the source
    table

    In Sheet2
    --------
    Paste the same headers into A1:D1

    Put in A2:
    =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(Sheet1!$E:$E,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,MATCH(SMA
    LL(Sheet1!$E:$E,ROWS($A$1:A1)),Sheet1!$E:$E,0)))

    Copy A2 across to D2, fill down to D100
    (cover the same range as done in col E in Sheet1)

    Sheet2 will return only the lines from Sheet1
    which satisfies the criteria, all neatly bunched at the top
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...