Lines of a cell disappear HELP!

  1. #1

    Lines of a cell disappear HELP!

    I have a spread sheet with various columns in use. I cut and pasted a formula from a different location into all of the cells of one column. The formula calculates the correct answer however the 4 lines that make up the cell (so to speak) vanish.

    How do I get them back? I tried changing the size of the cell but the lines do not come back. Hard to explain without seeing so I hope its clear.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Peter

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Lines of a cell disappear HELP!

    The cell you copied may have been filled with white colour, and that
    would cover the gridlines.

    Select the column where you pasted the formula
    On the Formatting toolbar, click the arrow at the right of the Fill
    Color button
    Select No Fill

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    pgruening,
    I'm going to make the assumption that the two spreadsheets are formatted differently. Possibly the second one has the option for gridlines turned off

    TOOLS>OPTIONS>VIEW>Gridlines

    But the easiest fix might be to highlight your cells that no longer have a border and then go to

    FORMAT>CELLS>BORDER> and select a Line style and select Outline. See if that helps.
    Casey