Formatting doesn't follow data sort

  1. #1

    Angry Formatting doesn't follow data sort

    I was just recently updated to 2003 MS Office Pro. I can't remember what I use to have, but I used to be able to Data Sort info and the borders around cells would follow the appropriate text. It doesn't do that anymore, and I can't find out how to fix it in the online help, and my IT guy doesn't know off the top of his head. Can anyone help or have I wasted a full day and a half putting borders around information for no reason?

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Formatting doesn't follow data sort

    k,
    To the best of my knowledge, Excel has never included borders
    with the sorted data. You may have had an extra utility installed
    to accomplish that as Data | Sort... does not have an "info" option.

    However my "Special Sort" - rel 1.31 - Excel add-in
    has an option to include borders with the sorted data.

    It adds 11 sort features not found in Excel, including sorting by..
    Prefix, Suffix or Middle (where you specify the length/position).
    Will also sort by color, dates, number group, length, reverse,
    random and others.
    Comes with a 2 page install/use Word file.
    It is available - free - upon direct request.
    Remove XXX from my email address.

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    [email protected]XX

    "kanimalhouse"
    <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    I was just recently updated to 2003 MS Office Pro. I can't remember
    what I use to have, but I used to be able to Data Sort info and the
    borders around cells would follow the appropriate text. It doesn't do
    that anymore, and I can't find out how to fix it in the online help,
    and my IT guy doesn't know off the top of his head. Can anyone help or
    have I wasted a full day and a half putting borders around information
    for no reason?--
    kanimalhouse