Save as .csv file removes trailing 00

  1. #1
    Geir Holme
    Guest

    Save as .csv file removes trailing 00

    Hi all.
    I have a XL sheet with one column containing tekst and values. It is
    partnumbers. Some of these starts with trailing nulls (the number 0). Like
    00AB25 or 00056P-SDF.

    It is populated from SQL Server 2000 varchar(30) field.

    When I save as .csv file XL removes the trailing 0's and the partnumber in
    the csv file changes to AB25 and 56P-SDF. Any ideas how to avoid this?

    thanx.

    geir

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Save as .csv file removes trailing 00

    If you save as a TEXT file (instead of CSV), using a comma as the delimiter
    and double quotes as the text delimiter, it should have an extension of TXT
    rather than CSV. Now when you open the file, the Text Import Wizard will come
    up and you can specify that this column is to be treated as Text.