mailmerge in word from excel, how to import Images ???

  1. #1
    .:J:.
    Guest

    mailmerge in word from excel, how to import Images ???

    Hi

    I'm trying to do a directorymerge (mailmerge) in word, using an excelsheet
    as datasource.

    I've managed most, but two things are not working for me:

    1) I would like to make a reference to a small image, so I can import this
    image into the word directory. I could enter the path to the image in excel,
    but how could I then import it to word using the merge-functions?

    2) When I insert a mailmergefield in word (a telephonenumber taken from
    excel), word displays a "0" if the cell is empty.
    How do I make word not displays the value when it's empty ?

    I want to end up with a list (table) in word, that displays most values from
    excel, including small images.

    I would prefer not to use any macros.

    Cheers
    Jakob

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: mailmerge in word from excel, how to import Images ???

    1) Cindy Meister has instructions for working with graphics in a merge:

    http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

    Under the subheading 'Graphics from database'

    2) Graham Mayor has instructions for formatting the merge fields. There
    are a couple of examples that you could adjust, to supress the zeroes:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    .:J:.
    Guest

    Re: mailmerge in word from excel, how to import Images ???

    "Debra Dalgleish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > 1) Cindy Meister has instructions for working with graphics in a merge:
    >
    > http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm
    >
    > Under the subheading 'Graphics from database'
    >
    > 2) Graham Mayor has instructions for formatting the merge fields. There
    > are a couple of examples that you could adjust, to supress the zeroes:
    >
    > http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm
    >
    > .:J:. wrote:
    >> Hi

    Thx, will have a look
    rgds

  4. #4
    .:J:.
    Guest

    Re: mailmerge in word from excel, how to import Images ???

    Great, now I had a look at my first challenge (bare with the newbie here,
    please)

    I made a reference to the image in my excelsheet. Went to my word-doc, and
    then .... what ?

    How do I put in an IncludePicture field, and what does the "{ Mergefield
    Signature \* upper }" - part mean ?

    rgds
    Jakob

  5. #5
    .:J:.
    Guest

    Re: mailmerge in word from excel, how to import Images ???

    Made it work
    thx a lot Debra !

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: mailmerge in word from excel, how to import Images ???

    You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that you got it working.