Closed Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Repair Corrupt Excel File

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Repair Corrupt Excel File

    I have an excel 2003 workbook that will not open. The file is about 14MB. I
    have tried the repair utility within Excel but it still will not open.
    Anyone have any ideas?

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Repair Corrupt Excel File

    I have had success opening corrupt files with OpenOffice

    http://openoffice.org

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Repair Corrupt Excel File

    The Spreadsheet part of the free Office Suite OpenOffice, available from
    www.openoffice.org may well be able to open it. It is very good at opening
    corrupt excel files that even Excel cannot ( Don't ask :-< ). It's an 80MB
    download, but is well worth having on hand for things just such as this.
    Possible though that you will only be able to recover raw data and not
    formulas etc.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

  4. #4
    Dave
    Guest

    Re: Repair Corrupt Excel File

    I just downloaded and installed openoffice but the file I am trying to open
    just comes up "Error loading document.....incorrect file format"

  5. #5
    london
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: Repair Corrupt Excel File

    I personally suggests you to make use of Stellar phoenix excel recovery software.This software is based on strong and latest algorithm which easily fixes the corruption issue of excel application. This utility repair corrupted excel files and hence make it accessible. It also performs excel file recovery within few minutes only.

  6. #6
    Forum Expert martindwilson's Avatar
    London,England
    MS-Off Ver
    office 97 ,2007
    Posts
    19,320

    Re: Repair Corrupt Excel File

    rahulrajpal08 6 year old thread! but fyi open office or google docs will quite often open corrupt excel files.
    it never hurts to try.
    "Unless otherwise stated all my comments are directed at OP"

    Mojito connoisseur and now happily retired
    where does code go ?
    look here
    how to insert code

    how to enter array formula