Can Drop Down Boxes jump to the answer as you type?

  1. #1
    rrucksdashel
    Guest

    Can Drop Down Boxes jump to the answer as you type?

    If I create a form with VBA, to create a drop down box to have a list to pick
    an answer for to fill in a cell in a worksheet, it will jump to the answer in
    the list as you type. Can a Data|Validation|List do the same thing? If not,
    is there a way to get that functionality in Excel?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Can Drop Down Boxes jump to the answer as you type?

    Data Validation doesn't support autocomplete.

    If you can use programming, there are instructions here for adding a
    combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data
    validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Is there any way to modify this code to show the dropdown box while you are typing????

  4. #4
    Hippy
    Guest

    Re: Can Drop Down Boxes jump to the answer as you type?

    were you able to resolve this. I am looking for the same functionality.

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Can Drop Down Boxes jump to the answer as you type?

    If you created the dropdown lists by using data validation, it doesn't