Inserting Blank Lines

  1. #1
    RICHARDSON, TX

    Inserting Blank Lines

    Hello all. I need some help and hope someone out there can assist me.

    I have a spreadsheet with 100 or so lines with serveral columns going across. I want to insert a blank line in between each line that contains data. Is this possible?

    Thank you for your help.
    LPM

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by LPM
    Hello all. I need some help and hope someone out there can assist me.

    I have a spreadsheet with 100 or so lines with serveral columns going across. I want to insert a blank line in between each line that contains data. Is this possible?

    Thank you for your help.
    LPM
    Hi LPM

    Select row 1, hold down the CTRL key select row 2, continue to the end until row 99 is selected, then right click and click on insert, a row will be inserted between each data row
    Paul

  3. #3
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Inserting Blank Lines

    Sub insert_rows()
    For r = 2 To 100 Step 2
    Cells(r, 1).EntireRow.Insert
    Next
    End Sub

    This will add a space between each starting at row 2 and ending at row 100.
    Bear in mind that if you have 100 rows of data, the row range needs to be
    200.
    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    RICHARDSON, TX
    Paul,
    It did not work..... it says, " CANNOT USE THAT COMMAND ON OVERLAPPING SLECTIONS.... Any ideas?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sheppard

  5. #5
    George Nicholson
    Guest

    Re: Inserting Blank Lines

    If this is just a cosmetic thing, could you acheive the desire results by
    selecting all rows and doubling their height? Inserting blank rows makes any
    filtering, sorting, etc. soooo much harder (if not impossible), I'd avoid it
    unless necessary.

    HTH,
    --
    George Nicholson

    Remove 'Junk' from return address.

  6. #6
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Inserting Blank Lines

    People do keep data in Excel and you won't stop the practice, so if you
    can't be constructive, just keep out!

    --
    Ian

  7. #7
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Inserting Blank Lines

    Never feed a troll...

    Just add it to your killfile.

  8. #8
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: Inserting Blank Lines

    Normally I would. This one just got to me, I'm afraid :-(

    I promise I'll try not to do it again :-)

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...