Saving one sheet within a workbook

  1. #1
    David Vollmer
    Guest

    Saving one sheet within a workbook

    Is it possible to save one sheet tht is contained within a workbook of 50+
    sheets? Since I have to attach the saved sheet to a record in another
    application it will save almost 2MB of space.

    If, however, I have to re-open the newly saved workbook to make changes I
    will need it to be "re-inserted" into the master workbook in order for the
    multiple lookups to work.

    I have tried to use 2 workbooks to facilitate the lookups and that is
    working - until I have to reload a saved workbook, because it has a name that
    is not recognized by the lookup workbook.

    I do not like links (maybe because I am not as familiar with them as I
    should be) and would like to have a way for the lookup workbook to
    automatically recognize the main workbook - regardless of its name.

  2. #2
    Ray A
    Guest

    RE: Saving one sheet within a workbook

    Hi David,
    If you right click on the sheet tab and select Move or Copy then click for
    make a copy you create a new workbook containing only that sheet. Since you
    made a copy the original workbook is intact. You can continue to make changes
    in the original and overwrite the copied sheet when you save
    HTH

  3. #3
    David Vollmer
    Guest

    RE: Saving one sheet within a workbook

    Thank you, Ray. That worked fine. I do have a question about later opening
    that copied sheet if I need to make changes. If I create a new sheet in the
    master workbook and copy the previously saved sheet into it I don't know if
    the lookups will work. I will have to combine both workbooks (the master and
    the lookup) first and see what happens.

    If that works I will need to automate the process of creating a new workbook
    and then if it is reopened for editing, automating the process of inserting
    it back into the master workbook. There are 8 of us who will be using this
    process.

    Any additional suggestions will be appreciated.

    Thank you,
    David