Same formula in each cell of column; insert rows w/o copying down

  1. #1
    tgdavis
    Guest

    Same formula in each cell of column; insert rows w/o copying down

    My spreadsheet has a formula repeated in each cell of a column. Is there
    anyway that I can insert rows without having to manually copy down the
    formula each time?

  2. #2
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: Same formula in each cell of column; insert rows w/o copying down

    Just highlight the cell below it and hit ctrl d.

  3. #3
    Eric
    Guest

    RE: Same formula in each cell of column; insert rows w/o copying d

    Alternatively, you could copy an entire row then insert it where you want the
    new row.

    Eric

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Same formula in each cell of column; insert rows w/o copying down

    From a Dave Peterson post to the wrong posting<g>

    >David McRitchie has a macro that may do what you want:
    >
    >http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
    >look for: InsertRowsAndFillFormulas
    >
    >If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:
    >http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP