Counting the number of times someone called in sick

  1. #1
    smskater
    Guest

    Counting the number of times someone called in sick

    How do I count the number of times a person has called in sick?

    9/1/05 work
    9/2/05 work
    9/3/05 sick
    9/4/05 sick
    9/5/05 work
    9/6/05 sick

    The above example shows the person called in sick 2 times for 3 days.
    How do I create a formula that reflects this?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Counting the number of times someone called in sick

    Use the COUNTIF function. Something like

    =COUNTIF(B1:B100,"sick")

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    smskater
    Guest

    Re: Counting the number of times someone called in sick

    Thanks, but this just shows the total for sick. How do I count the
    occurrences?

  4. #4

    Re: Counting the number of times someone called in sick

    If you have something in those cells (and it looks like you do), you can use:

    =counta(b1:b100)