Entering Numbers with 2 Decimal Places - Automatically

  1. #1
    Bruce
    Guest

    Entering Numbers with 2 Decimal Places - Automatically

    Hi,

    I've been using Excel for years, yet this is my first time on this
    newsgroup.

    When reconciling my checkbook, I can set my 10-key calculator to 2 decimal
    places, so that whenever I enter a number, it automatically converts it to
    dollars and cents.

    Is there a way to do this in Excel so that I don't have to hit the "." ?

    Thanks,
    Bruce

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Entering Numbers with 2 Decimal Places - Automatically

    Choose Tools>Options
    On the Edit tab, add a check mark to Fixed Decimals
    Set the number of places to 2
    Click OK

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Bruce
    Guest

    Re: Entering Numbers with 2 Decimal Places - Automatically

    Debra Dalgleish <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Choose Tools>Options
    > On the Edit tab, add a check mark to Fixed Decimals
    > Set the number of places to 2
    > Click OK
    >
    > Bruce wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've been using Excel for years, yet this is my first time on this
    >> newsgroup.
    >>
    >> When reconciling my checkbook, I can set my 10-key calculator to 2
    >> decimal places, so that whenever I enter a number, it automatically
    >> converts it to dollars and cents.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to do this in Excel so that I don't have to hit the
    >> "." ?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bruce

    That was too easy.