Finding the sum of a row - the lowest 3 values

  1. #1
    Nathan Carter
    Guest

    Finding the sum of a row - the lowest 3 values

    Hi there,
    I am trying to figure out how to find the sum of a row minus the lowest
    3 scores for a tournament I am running.
    Basically we have points for each race and at the end of the season we
    drop the 3 worst scores. Can this be *easily* done in Excel?
    Cheers,
    Nathan

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Finding the sum of a row - the lowest 3 values

    =SUM(A1:Z1)-SUM(SMALL(A1:Z1,{1,2,3}))

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Finding the sum of a row - the lowest 3 values

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(LARGE(2:2,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(2:2)-3)))))

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Finding the sum of a row - the lowest 3 values

    Following Ken's good lead:

    =SUM(A1:Z1,-SMALL(A1:Z1,{1,2,3}))

    RD

    news:%[email protected]...

    ----

    ----

  5. #5
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Finding the sum of a row - the lowest 3 values

    LOL - Should have gone there myself - Nice pickup :-)

    Regards

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Nathan Carter